Glenmore-Ellison Improvement District (GEID) is an independent Public Water Utility providing water to approximately 18,000 people in Kelowna, BC and parts of the Regional District of Central Okanagan. As a member of the Joint Water Committee and one of five water purveyors within the City of Kelowna, GEID primarily services the Glenmore Valley in Kelowna, as well as the Ellison area of the Regional District of Central Okanagan. Currently GEID provides water from Okanagan Lake to the Glenmore area, servicing a population of approximately 18,000 residents. In addition, GEID also provides well & creek water to the Ellison area, servicing approximately 600 residents.
Who Are We Looking For?
We are seeking an experienced and dynamic GENERAL MANAGER to join our team. Reporting to the Board of Directors, the General Manager will provide leadership to all operational areas within the Glenmore-Ellison Improvement District.
This position is located in beautiful Kelowna, British Columbia and comes with an attractive and competitive compensation and benefits package for the successful candidate.
Key Responsibilities Include:
- Planning and managing district budgets within approved allocations
- Developing facility and asset management approaches for all areas within the district
- Planning and managing the tracking, maintenance, repair and replacement of relevant facilities and/or equipment
- Preparing and recommending a district annual capital maintenance and development plan
- Providing leadership and managing professional development for self and team members
- Bachelor's degree required, with MBA, CMA or related engineering degree preferred
- Experience in civil, municipal or urban engineering
- Strong analytical and modeling skills with good command of accounting and corporate finance
- Experience with a range of business models
- Excellent negotiation, analytical and problem solving skills
- Experience with a range of deal structures (e.g. company vs asset vs licensing deals)
- Exceptional interpersonal and communication skills, written and oral
- Familiarity with legal agreements, and working with lawyers
Competencies Critical for Success:
- Strong Analytical Skills: The General Manager must have broad business acumen with a proven track record of using analysis to drive well-founded recommendations and solutions.
- Corporate Development Acumen: The General Manager will have a proven ability to identify development opportunities along with proven execution and project management skills. He/she should have demonstrated the commercial acumen to negotiate transactions, as well as structuring and facilitating complex transactions and/or projects.
- Outstanding Influencing and Relationship Management Skills: The General Manager must be able to quickly establish his/her credibility with citizens, politicians and senior executives and will possess a high level of intellect, polish, maturity, confidence, humility and strong communication skills. He/she must demonstrate a track record of working at executive levels to influence others and build consensus and commitment to a recommended direction while managing multiple stakeholders. He/she must exude a natural energy and passion for his/her recommendations. The emphasis will be on working through influence and persuasion, and he/she will have a track record of leading cross-disciplinary project teams. Finally, the successful candidate will be able to distil complex issues to their essence and be able to articulate a compelling case in support of hard decisions required. This individual will genuinely value and solicit others’ input and expertise.
- Passion to Lead: The General Manager will be able to lead both direct and indirect reports based on project and business needs. He/she communicates clearly, drives accountability for results and values and rewards behavior that is consistent with the organizational values. The successful candidate is keen to mentor and coach team members to build the talent on the team.
We are looking for exceptional performance driven individuals who possess strong leadership abilities and excel in a fast-paced environment. If you meet our qualifications listed above, please forward your cover letter and resume to [email protected] for consideration.
While we appreciate your interest in GEID, please note that only those who are chosen to participate in the interview process will be contacted. Candidates must currently be authorized to work for any Canadian employer to be considered.
Thank you for your interest in GEID!