We are looking for an experienced Administrative Assistant to join our team full time.
The position is 37 1/2 hours per week, Monday – Friday from 8:00 am – 4:00 pm.
This position is the primary contact with the landowners of the District, legal firms, and the general public. The Administrative Assistant assists District staff in serving the needs of the landowners in a way that is consistent with the policies and procedures of the District.
The Administrative Assistant performs a variety of administrative functions and clerical tasks, maintains a working knowledge of the organization and coordinates with customers, management, Trustees and other employees to provide support, assist in daily office needs and manage our company’s general administrative activities.
The ideal candidate would have excellent oral and written communication skills, basic accounting knowledge and strong technical skills and be able to organize their work using tools, including MS Excel, Word and Outlook as well as a variety of office equipment.
Essential Job Functions:
• Acts as primary reception both in-person and by phone – directs phone calls using a multi-line telephone system;
• Responds to general inquiries / refers other inquires to appropriate contact / provides general support to customers;
• Receives cash payments received from customers, including cheques and Interac payments;
• Makes bank deposits;
• Receives and distributes mail and courier documents accordingly;
• Filing, typing, photocopying, printing, binding and scanning;
• Monitors stationary supplies and orders office supplies with cost effective supplier management;
• Tracks, distributes and responds to all fax enquiries, including BC 1-Call requests and Emergency Call Centre reports;
• Issues and maintains Hydrant and Hydrant Cart Permits;
• Prepares advertising copy for Flushing Ads or other advertisements as required;
• Issues and maintains Crew Work Orders and follows up on any that are outstanding;
• Processes Strata Tax and Toll enquiries;
• Processes Land Title transfers for Stratas;
• Scans historical info, Land Titles and Work Order information to Vadim system;
• Maintains contact information for the Emergency Response Plan;
• Provides general office support for Management Staff as required;
• Write and distribute email, correspondence memos, letters, faxes and forms;
• Assist in the preparation of regularly scheduled reports, including board meeting packages;
• Maintain computer and manual filing systems and contacts list
• Minimum Grade 12 Education with additional business administration education or experience;
• Excellent computer skills and the ability to type accurately;
• Superior organizational and time management skills and the ability to prioritize work and multi-task;
• Excellent interpersonal and telephone skills and experience with a multi-line telephone system with
the ability to deal tactfully with members of the public and knowledge;
• Must have the ability to deal with a variety of situations and diversity of people;
• Attention to detail, high level of accuracy and problem-solving skills;
• Knowledge of general office procedures;
• Must be proficient in Microsoft programs including but not limited to Excel, Outlook and Word;
• Must be able to learn District software package (Vadim) and other software programs as required;
experience in Vadim preferred;
• Familiar with District’s structure, policies, procedures and bylaws; experience in a municipal setting
• Must have knowledge and ability to produce quality business correspondence with a high degree of
• Basic Bookkeeping/Accounting skills required;
• Conflict Resolution Skills would be an asset;
• Ability to perform tasks with accuracy in a busy office setting with many interruptions;
• Ability to communicate clearly and concisely, both orally and written;
• Ability to develop and maintain effective working relationships with District staff, ratepayers and
• High level of discretion and judgement and maintain a high level of confidentiality of work performed;
We offer a professional work environment with a competitive hourly wage in accordance with the CUPE collective agreement and a benefits package and pension plan after completion of a 6-month probationary period.
If you meet the above qualifications and would like to apply for this position, please email your resume to [email protected].
No phone calls or walk-ins please, as only suitable candidates will be contacted.